Pages

Wednesday 24 December 2014

Abandon by Michelle Lowhorn


Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

So, I read this book because I offered to do some promoting. This being said it is not the kind of thing I would pick up on my own, so I am somewhat biased on it.
This story fallows Gage and Brook. Gage is a ripped hunk- so that got me off to the right start! I love my men with muscle. And Brook, Brook is the ex-wife of Gage’s late brother. I wasn’t sure how I felt about a romance the involved a man and his brother’s wife but I liked it!
Starting off I wasn't sure I was going to be able to get into this. I wasn't sure how I would feel about either of the main characters- or the side characters.
Before long I warmed up to Gage and Brook and was even rooting for them to win!

I love seeing kids in a romance! I feel like kids really can bring a couple together in a romance novel and this story did an amazing job of bringing the kids into the story and helping bring the couple together. And this book did that! The kids added succchh a cute aspect to this story!
I thought Gage's parents were a lovely couple and would have loved to see more of them.
I have to say that I loved seeing Gage's team and meeting them. They brought a fun element to it and brought more to the story.  The first sex scene was, although not quiet my cup of tea, very romantic and I liked seeing that in a romance novel.

The only thing that really annoyed me is that I didn't feel like there was a real "I love you moment". Something I always look forward to in romances
Overall this was a sweet book with a great plot line. The perfect evening read, and something I could finish in a couple of hours, which was a nice change.


No comments:

Post a Comment