Pages

Friday 13 February 2015

Kitty and the Midnight Hour by Carrie Vaughn

3 out of 5 stars


I tossed my backpack into a corner of the studio and highfived Rodney on his way out.

This is the first book in a long series about a werewolf named Kitty.

I've read this book probably 3 or 4 times. It's something I really enjoyed the first time… really, really enjoyed actually. But the more I read it the less I enjoy it.
Warning: Kitty is a winey character! She's not always smart and she's kinda… dull. But you know what is great about the book? The hunter who wants to kill her! Of course he doesn't, he comes in as a love interest and he is a GREAT love interest.
The conflict is simple, but good and the story telling draws me in whenever I read anything by the writer. I'm not going to lie to you, it's simple and light- I would tell you to read it if you want something… well with substance.

Honestly, these are very fun books, there are really cool side characters, good mythology and the fact that they are light reads and there are a lot of them is a big plus for me because I like to be able to finish a book in a day. I'm busy and I don't like taking a while to read a book- its why I like light books. I probably would have given the rating 2 stars if not for the series. But you know what? No matter how much I find myself wondering why I read the last book, I still pick up the next one and I'm glad I have because I've found a couple gems from the series.  

No comments:

Post a Comment