Pages

Friday 2 October 2015

Grave Dance by Kalayna Price

Grace Dance is the second book in the Alex Craft series and I have to admit I was thrilled to read it!
I'm such a lucky reader because it seems like there are so many series that I'm finding these days that I just love.

So, anyone who is reading this review has probably either read my review of the first book in the series or has at least read the first book; so you know a couple details and I'll try not to spoil the rest.
For anyone who doesn't know: Alex helps the local police by raising the dead for them, in the last book she also hooked up with a guy (I was not a fan of) and I spent the entire time shipping her and Death (other words a soul collector). They have a special relationship, one that I've been having a lot fun watching.

The second book had a lot more of Death; though not enough! I'm not sure how anyone rooted for her to be with Falian (sp, I don’t have the book in the same province with me!)
In this book we get to learn more about Alex's past as well as her family line. And of course the love tringle!
The thing about this book is that it is a <I>romance</i>. Yes there are urban fantasy themes to it but the main theme of this book is the romance. I see a lot of people complain about it, but you have to understand it that way in order to enjoy it (I feel).
We also got to see some characters I loved seeing in this- like the loyal dog! Anyone who read my review of Wickedly Dangerous knows how much I love seeing dogs in my writing!
And we got to meet some really cool new characters as well.

There wasn't a lot I didn't like about this book; other than the annoying love interest, which I find cringe worthy, annoying and just confusing why she wants him so bad when she can have a nice guy like Death. 

No comments:

Post a Comment