Pages

Friday 13 March 2015

Shy Kinda Love by Deanna Eshler

4 1/2 out of 5 stars

I want to start off by saying that this was a book review the author asked me to do. I love new adult but I don't read much of it because I'm always scared the main characters will be dumb! 
But anyways, let's jump right into this. 

As I lie on the floor, both hands covering the cut on my right side, I can feel sleep pulling me down.

This pulled me in right form the prologue! It moved fast enough to keep me reading. It honestly kept me reading. I could not put this book down and finished it in a matter of hours.
I love that Deanna doesn't give away what Shy's dad has been up to! Every time it was mentioned I wanted to know.
I love the relationship that Ryder and Shy have.
It took me a couple pages to realize they were not lovers but I loved he brother/sister relationship they have and Ryder was probably one of my favorite characters.
Loved the country setting of the book and love the role that the stable/horses played in this novel. 

There were a couple issues with the formatting but I was okay with that.
I guess the major issue I had with this was that I just couldn't get into the main character. She was nice, and I could understand the trouble she was going through, but I just wasn't emotionally attached to her.
Kade is a fun character. I thought his determination at the beginning was nice and his total honestly was so refreshing and real.
Although sometimes I feel like his words are coming right out of a movie script. A little too "what the reader wants to hear" in some areas of the book.
I do have to say that I spent the entire book waiting for him to go to the barn with her
I actually adore Keegan and would love to read more about her- I'll be the first to say it; I want a love storya bout her!

This book had lots of funny moments to it, it had loads of cute moments to it but god this book had me crying!

There is no doubt in my mind that I want to read more about them and from Deanna

No comments:

Post a Comment