Pages

Friday 24 July 2015

About Detour to Apocalypse by Michael Panush

4 out of 5 stars
This is a hard book for me to review. I loved the first one (Dead Mans Drive) and was beyond excited to start this one, but... I can't say it was what I was expecting.
First, it was a very short story. I thought it was going to be a second in the series, but it felt a little bit more like a 1.5 to me. It did start off a little slow but I love the characters and the world this series is set in.

Despite the fact that it was a little slow for me to get into by the time the action arrive I was into it! I love the main character and there isn't anything bad I can say about any of the side characters.
Despite the fact that it was so short it did keep my attention- sometimes a short read is just what you need after all!
Again, I'm a psychobilly girl at heart and I loved seeing the rockabilly themes in this book. I'm a hot rod girl and spend my weekends out in the garage with my dad- I loved hearing about the old cars and I felt like the author actually knew what he was talking about when he talked about the cars. It was nice to see something other than "Pretty 1950's car" because I see that pretty often.

More than anything this book got me excited for what is coming next, whatever that may be, and just solidified that I will be getting my hands on the next chapter (um book) in this hot rod loving zombies story.

No comments:

Post a Comment