Pages

Sunday 12 July 2015

Dead Man's Drive by Michael Panush


5 out of 5 stars
Alright, I don't even know where to start with this book because I loved it!
I was raised on rockabilly and psychobilly and to me this was a pure psychobilly novel! We had zombies, rockabilly, the fashion, the cars, everything!
But despite that I actually really enjoyed this book based on content. It didn't feel drawn out, and even though the character made some stupid choices I enjoyed him as a main character.
I loved the fact that cars had a big roll in this. I'm a hot rod girl and it was great to read a book that actually seemed to know what it was talking about when it came to hot rods and didn't just reference them as "pretty cars from the '50s"
The one thing I've noticed with this publisher is that they often seem to have formatting errors with quotation marks. So that was close to taking points off, but honestly I just couldn't bring myself to. I really, really enjoyed this book.

I think this was a good light read for anyone who is into the pin up/rockabilly/ psychobilly thing, or anyone who just wants to see a spin on zombies (those are popular right now, right?)
The characters were fun, though I would have liked to be able to get to know them a little more and I would have LOVED to see actual bands referenced. I did try to google a couple of the names in there and didn't see any hint that they were real.


This world was a great world, though a little odd I had a lot of fun with it and jumped right into the next one, so stay turned for that review!

No comments:

Post a Comment