Pages

Friday 18 September 2015

Grave Witch by Kalayna Price

5 out of 5 stars
Alright, lets start off by saying that I've been eyeing this book for quite sometime! I get it from the library and then all of a sudden I just don't have the time to read it so I send it back; but now- I finally got around to reading it!
Now, well all know I'm a picky reader, but the thing is:
I absolutely loved this book! I read it in less than 24 hours because I could not put it down.
Let's talk a little bit about it. The basic idea of this book is that our main character is able to summon the dead, and talk to them. The world has embraced (and some have accepted) the paranormal, and Alex is just trying to make a living by summoning the dead, she does some work for the police which has earned her a bit of a reputation- what people don't realize is that she can also see death while she is not in her 'grave sight' unlike most grave witches. 
I guess, the only thing I didn't like about this book was who Alex (our main character) picked as a love interest...

Now, everything I did like about it:
This book dealt with necromancy is a way. It wasn't called necromancy but it dealt with death magic, summoning the dead, etc. and it was nice to see a new take on that! It was something that intrigued me when I was little (much like zombies) and I guess I still have a bit of a soft spot for it.
I also loved the fact that this book had Death as a (semi) main character. It was fun to see a new take on him and soul collectors overall! I spent most of the book shipping Alex and Death, but we won't go into too much detail about that- because this is a book review, not a rant!
The world itself I thought was very well created, the magic side of it was new and (I felt) not the same thing you read in a lot of books so that was nice- I also don't pick up many books with Fae in them so it was a nice change of pace for me. 
Also, a shout of for all the side characters! They were all fun, namely though PC and Fred!

No comments:

Post a Comment