Pages

Friday 25 September 2015

The Waterborne Blade: Susan Murray

This is honestly the kind of book I wish I could write.
I feel like this was a classic fantasy. It reminded me a lot of works from Brent Weeks and Karen Miller in terms of how it was written; and I have to say as much as
I enjoy "light" writing most of the time, I do really enjoy reading something like this every now and then to mix it up; even though it does take longer than a day for me to finish it.

I wasn't sure I'd be able to get into this book, after all it started a little slow; but I liked our main character (Weaver). I wasn't sure if I was going to like who I assumed was the love interest, and throughout most of the book I remained feeling that way. She was iffy; and I knew I was supposed to like her, but I just couldn’t bring myself to. However I do wish the entire story was written from weavers perspective and that we got to learn more about him. I'm thrilled there is a second book out and honestly can't wait to get my hands on it!
This book was a little slow at some points, which I don't mind honestly, but more than anything I found that I really couldn’t put this book down. It was the kind of book that I "stole" time for.
You know when you love a book so much that you're like "Oh, well I need to wait 3 seconds for ____ to be ready for dinner. I can get another page read before then."
That was this kind of book for me, and I loved every second of it.
As far as side characters went there weren’t that many, I mean there were a good number but they were all introduiced really slowly and I liked that.

Actually, there isn't really anything I can say that is bad about this book and that is a big deal for me.

When it comes down to it, for me, this is the kind of book that can create a fan- and I have become a fan of that author. 

No comments:

Post a Comment