Pages

Friday 11 September 2015

Jinn & Juice by Nichole Peeler


3 out of 5 stars

This book was... okay. I wanted to be able to say it was great but it just didn't "pull me in" so to speak.
There were two great things about this book. 
1) The title
2) The fact she was a belly dancer, as one myself that's just fun!

Now, I can't actually pinpoint much I didn't like in this book, other than the fact that it just felt like it was trying way too hard to be a new adult/young adult book. And I was expecting a little more romance, it really didn't feel like there was any- then all of a sudden BAM, she wants to sleep with him and he won't let her. Boring 
The chracters were fun, for the most part and I found myself chuckling at some of the conversations between the side characters but yea... there just wasn't anything thathooked me in this book. It was an alright read and I loved that it about a jinni but I really wanted to like this book more.

The main character just didn't seem to have much to her. while she had some really interesting qualities that was just it. She didn't have an interesting personality and it felt like the love interest was just.... there. There wasn't really any character development and i feel like the author missed out on quite a few chances to really further her character. 
A main point to this book was that the main character had been cursed to live 1000 years as a jinni and her time was almost up. While it touched base on her feelings about it it didn't really go into detail. It just... sorta touched on it and that made the character seem uncaring about it.

I also wasn't a huge fan of how this was written. There was something about the tense that didn't really pull me in. A lot of telling maybe? 


I think the biggest thing I'm feeling is disappointment about the fact I didn't like it as much as I wanted to. But I'd give the next book a shot

1 comment:

  1. I have gone through a few of your reviews. Good work

    ReplyDelete