Pages

Friday 7 November 2014

Deadly Sting by Jennifer Estep

Rating: 3 out of 5 stars


"That would look fabulous on you."
I wanted to start by saying that I picked this book up not realizing it was the 8th book in the series. I swear I've been doing this since I was 8! You would think by now I would know better. But, even thought it was the 8th book in the series (and I think it is safe to assume a lot has already happened that old time readers know about) I still found this book easy to fallow and received enough information about the past and the world not to be confused.
Started good! Had high hopes for it and not sure it was because of that reason that I was slightly disappointed.
The story jumped right into the action but we got into chapter 3 and still it didn't feel like we were into the main conflict, by page 200 I still didn't feel like it even though I later realized we were. The story over all moved slow and I felt like the main conflict should have been a minor one, or that this should have been a short story.

There were a few characters I liked! Like Finn, though I have a slight issue with him…. This is supposed to be a paranormal romance (at least that is what websites say) yet almost 100 pages in and the main male in the novel seems to be the main characters sisters husband. Though it bugs me a little I do quite enjoy him as a character. He was smart, funny and I feel a really good character to the story.
The main character is smart. It's nice to see that in a novel, often times I find them silly, not so bright or down right stupid. The author does a good job at having the main character assess each situation, act like an hired killer and come to a good solation 
Other than them, even though she made a small appearance I liked Jessica the most, and Brie.



The novel ended well, and all in all was worth the read. I came out of the novel satisfied and glad with the time I had spent reading it.  
Also, I loved the cover art, it was part of what drew me to this title. 

No comments:

Post a Comment