Pages

Saturday 29 November 2014

Three Days to Dead by Kelly Meding

Rating: 4 3/4 out of 5 Stars


I picked this book up because of the title, but I was thrilled with the first page! It tossed you right into the action without confusing you and was able to keep me reading and reading. I actually finished this book in about 8 hours. I really couldn't put it down.

By chapter three we (as a reader) start learning about the background and how things work in this world. It was a bit of an information overload (all
560 words of it) but I didn't mind one but. Actually, I found the world really cool and wanted to keep leaning more about it.
I really like the creatures she uses. We don't see a lot of goblins, gargoyles or bridge trolls in urban fantasy but in this they seem to be the main cr
eatures, and they are done well. I also really liked the abilities and attributes each creature had.
The way the author described the action scenes were great. They were short but every word was used perfectly, and it was packed with action, I liked that each chapter starts with the time left,  I loved the world the author created and Smedge was one of my favorite characters by far!

There wasn't much I didn't like about this book. At first, I was sure how I felt about Evy, but overall I didn't hate her. She was a fun character to read about.

I have to say I didn't like Wyatt's love confession. It just felt…. Unfulfilling. I wasn't attached to him yet and it didn't really feel like Evy was either, it all felt too soon and misplaced.   And sadly, I feel like it took dragged on a little bit longer than and some parts were drawn out and I felt the ending was a little disappointing. It just felt like it was lacking. To make everything worse…. I found myself liking another male character more than the love interest! 

I just had to include this quote because I loved it.

"A gremlin labor strike." 

No comments:

Post a Comment