Pages

Sunday 23 August 2015

Shadows of Asphodel (Shadows of Asphodel #1) by Karen Kincy


3 our of 5 stars
1913. Austria-Hungary. Ardis knows better than to save a man on the battlefield. Even if he manages to be a charming bastard while bleeding out in the snow. She hasn't survived this long as a mercenary without some common sense.


This book was an odd book for me. It sounded really cool, actually I really liked the idea of it. But there was something about it… it felt to me like it lacked something major, maybe conflict?
I know there was some in there but it just didn't hold me I guess.
The book itself was good, I read it quite quickly actually and I enjoyed it as I was reading it, but I felt like there was a lot of filler.

As far as main characters went, again it felt like there was something lacking. I really liked the idea of this book and I really liked the idea of the characters. I love the idea of a necromancer actually! And the world that this book was set in was a great world! It was well thought out and detailed. The main character had a fun back ground, and I loved reading about her, I think more than anything it was just her personality that threw me off.
While the characters didn't do much for me I would have loved to see more about their world.


I can't say I'd read more about the characters but I would read more about others in that world!

No comments:

Post a Comment