Pages

Saturday 15 August 2015

Through his Lense by Anna Bayes

3 out of 5 stars
Newly divorced and rediscovering her place in the world, Fiona found a strange solace in taking photos of herself. Next step: she hired a professional photographer to take her portraits. Modelling for him felt empowering. Would this be only a one-time thing or would she have the courage to pursue a relationship with Nathan, the photographer whose green eyes captivate and disarm her?


Where to start… well, I guess let's jump right into it! This story actually did that too! We jump right into a masturbation scene. 
Its a short book, and in my opinion it's an erotica. There are some romantic elements to it but this is the kinda book you read for the sex. 
Speaking of the sex... I have to admit that I loved the idea of this book. A girl goes to a photographer to celebrate her new divorce with a photo shoot? Only to fall for the photographer? Perfect!
But... there was just something about this book. While I had a hard time putting it down I also had a hard time feeling invested in it. The characters didn't feel real to me, and most of all this wasn't a very erotic book for the amount of sex it had in it. I saw quite a few opportunities where there could be been a little *hem* detail where there wasn't. 
To put it frankly this book just wasn't doin it for me. 

None the less it is a cute, light read, which is why I'm giving it a 3 star review. Not bad but not amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment