Pages

Friday 28 August 2015

The Northlore Series, a collection of Scandinavian folktales and poems


3 out of 5 stars
This was a collection of Scandinavian folktales and poems. First, I want to say that I loved the idea of this book! I think anthologies are a great way to learn about new authors and I thought this was an amazing idea!
I love folklore, fairy tales and mythology so this sold me right away. It was a collection of poems and stories.
There were some beautiful poems in here but sadly the stories just didn't hold my interest as much as I would have liked them.
Sadly, there were actually very few parts of this series that I really enjoyed. 


I'm not sure what it was the storytelling, maybe the stories themselves but something just left me... underwhelmed. 
Nonetheless I loved the idea of this book and just because of that, because I love seeing mythology worked with, I'd pick up the next copy and I suggest everyone pick up a copy of this, there might be at least one thing that catches your eye!

No comments:

Post a Comment