Pages

Friday 9 January 2015

Taint by Michelle Lowhorn

Rating: 3 out of 5 stars

This is the second book in the Unlovable Series. It seems to tell the stories of a group of sexy, muscular and often times damaged (ex) military men.
Once again, this is not normally something I would read, but I offered to help the author do some promoting and I'm glad I took the chance!
So, let's get started!

"It had been almost year since Kai’s mercenary commander,Gage Hennessey, retired." 
This was a very sweet romance and that was really what I took away from it. There are spicy bits but you can tell that the book is about the romance between the characters.
It started off slow but I was excited to see the set up for the romance (that Keri must find Harper and bring her back to her vengeful ex-husband)
This story is full of good action and cute/funny moments but one of the things I loved the most was seeing our hero bond with the love interests baby, Eli. I'm not sure what it is about them but I love seeing kids in romance novels! When it comes to the love interest… I loved Harper. I thought she was spunky and even though the hero was "taking care" of her I felt like she was a strong woman who didn't need that. I liked it. I also really liked seeing characters from the first story in the series Abandon.
I loved the ending


The one downside to this is that it was, in my opinion, chalked full of talking, and often times explanation through talking.

No comments:

Post a Comment