Pages

Saturday 28 February 2015

Kitty Goes to Washington by Carrie Vaughn

3 out of 5 stars

"We have Beth from Tampa on the line. Hello."

So, this is the second book about Kitty. I said in my review of the fist one that I'm not a huge fan of the series, yet I keep reading it.

In this book Kitty is in Washington (Shocker, I know) at a senate discussion thing about the paranormal.
During the book she starts to spend more time with Ben, the hunter from list books cousin. As he is a lawyer he's been helping her with all this senate stuff.
But, since this is Kitty there's a little more to it! Kitty's been invited to stay at a vampires house during her visit and I must say, this vampire is one of my favorite characters in the series!
We also get to read about a different werewolf… well their not even a pack. I loved seeing that and the author always has an amazing way of bringing mythology into the series with a paranormal spin.

Over all, the story line didn't draw me in as much as the tone this story was told in. I love the characters but the fact that there really is very little romance bothers me. Then again, I'm a romance fan.

Also Kitty still annoys me a little she is more likable . She feels a little whiny still and a little dull.
I love Cormac and wanted to see more of him! Ben on the other hand… I like but I feel like he is a little flat. However it was nice to learn more about the characters and it made me want to keep reading so I can keep learning. 
The other Issue I have about this book is that a major plot point from the last book is resolved and… it was just anticlimactic.


That being said, be sure to stick around for the next book! One of my favorites! 

No comments:

Post a Comment