Pages

Tuesday 12 May 2015

Interview with Julia Rose

Today I would like to welcome Julia Rose to the blog! Readers, she's going to talk a little bit about her work, and what she's working on next- have fun and let's get started!

Why don't you tell us about your latest work?
My latest work is a little series called “The Affair.” So far I have written three novellas in the series: Secret Affair, Forbidden Affair and Taboo Affair.

It features two adults who are faced with the realization that they aren’t receiving any intimacy in their respective marriages.  They turn to each other and… well… you can guess what happens.

What inspired it?
My own secret desires.  Marriage is tough!  Being married to someone who has changed so much throughout your relationship is even tougher.  Some days I just wish I could run away with someone else.  That, of course, wouldn’t happen.  I love my husband very much!

Is there something you are currently working on?
Well, ha! I just finished up a little short story featuring a chef and a rather -dominating- female food critic.  It’s titled, Punishing the Chef, and it is another novella featuring my male sous chef, Rob Dresden, who my readers met in the novella, “Order Up.”

Is there a topic you would like to write about but haven't gotten around to yet?
Definitely!  I’d like to experiment with writing an adult breastfeeding novella, more sci-fi, monster erotica that has a really dark undertone, and maybe, just maybe some more group sex stories.  There are so many topics to choose from in erotica, the possibilities are endless! 

I’ve only started writing erotica for publishing recently.  Prior to writing novellas I would role play online and things can get pretty steamy there.  I have also written little sexy stories for lovers in the past.  It’s something that I’ve been doing since I was young and I enjoy making other people feel pleasure with the written word.


When did you finally feel like you could call yourself an author?
I still don’t feel like I can call myself an author! Especially since my genre of choice is erotica.  I’m not exactly screaming my occupation from the rooftops. (What would my Christian neighbors think?)
But I think the defining moment for me was when I finished up my first actual book (published under another pen name).  Holding a physical copy of something you wrote that came straight from a printing press is spirit lifting. 

Other than writing, what are your favorite things to do?
Other than writing I’m kind of a TV junkie, a dance-a-holic, a wannabe health nut who likes to grow her own veggies (or tries to anyway) and a karaoke queen.

Are there any websites where readers can connect with you?
Absolutely! 
You can tweet to me at http://www.twitter.com/EroticaRose


Thank you so much for stopping by the blog Julia! 

No comments:

Post a Comment