Pages

Friday 22 May 2015

The Mine (Northwest Passage #1) by John A. Heldt

4 out of 5 stars

This was a book I received from the author in return for an honest review. 

I really enjoyed it. Took a while to actually get started but I didn't mind reading most of the filler at the beginning. I really felt like this was a little too long and honestly, but chapter 15 I wasn't invested as I should be.
The story itself I love! I love retro stories and I love the idea of time travel. The characters were fun, I wanted to know what happened to the next and there was a good chunk of humor in this that kept me interested but… there was smething off. Something lacking for me.
I think it was that the main character came off lacking emotion- actually I think a lot of the characters did.
That being said there wasn't anyone I didn't like, in fact I really liked a lot of the side characters and would love to see more about them!

I honestly had a hard time picking this book up every time I put it down, but when I did pick it up I was glad I had and didn't want to put it down.

I loved the way this book ended. I wanted to see Grace show her smarts and she pulled through at the end. I also thought it was great to see some of the characters from the main story- set in the 1940s- in semi modern day-Around 2000- and the way that they changed. I also loved hearing their stories and knowing how the main character helped them by accidently traveling back in time- and how he helped them even when he was gone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment