Pages

Wednesday 3 June 2015

Interview with Suzi Slade

Why don't you tell us about your latest work? 
Narcissist is the epitome of sex, drugs and rock and roll.  It takes you head first, kicking and screaming, into the seedy underbelly of the British music industry in the nineties.  As a reader, you are treated to a first-hand view of inside the very twisted and controlling mind of a self-professed egotist and obsession with control that such a person exhibits.  The story itself is not for the feint hearted. 

What inspired it? 
I have always been an avid music fan and I particularly enjoy music by musicians who have something dark or sordid about them.  In my books, the more tumultuous the relationship between the band members, the better the tunes they produce.  I wanted, well needed to write something that would capture that, something that would draw the reader in and tear them to shreds as such bands are apt at doing to themselves.  

Is there something you are currently working on? 
I am working on something a bit different now.  I have set myself the challenge of writing a horror piece featuring zombies, no mean feat for me as I have an acute fear of the undead. 

Is there a topic you would like to write about but haven't gotten around to yet? 
I would love to write a really grizzly steam punk piece but I just haven’t got around to it yet. 

When did you finally feel like you could call yourself an author? 
That is a hard one; I still don’t feel like the term author suits me.  I prefer to call myself a writer. 

Other than writing, what are your favorite things to do? 
Obviously, I enjoy reading about as a writer; the two go hand in hand.  I love gritty dark novels personally.  When I am not doing one of the two, I enjoy listening to music and singing or drawing and painting.  I like anything creative really. 

Are there any websites where readers can connect with you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment