Pages

Friday 5 June 2015

Narcissist by Suzi Slade

4.5 out of 5 Stars

This book was all about two young men trying to make it in the world of music. So yes. Sex, drugs & rock and roll.

This was a good book, it was a pretty fast read for me and over all I really liked it. I wasn't drawn to the main character, he kind of seemed like an asshole to me, but I did like the love interest a lot. Their relationship really confused me though. It was like the were best friend and then then a second later they wanted to kill each other, then they were fucking. Although it was confusing I know people whose relationships are kind of like that!
When it came to side characters I didn't see much of them really. Although there were a good amount of them and what I saw I liked, I just wish I'd seen more from them and really gotten to know them.

This probably would have been a five star review if it was written from Floyd's point of view honestly. He just seemed so much more likeable to me.

So pretty much there were 2-3 things I didn't like about this book.
  1. Was the way it was told. It just wasn't the story telling I like and felt a little bit too tell-y then show-y.
  1. Was the ending. It just felt like there was no lead up to it and it felt a little rushed, and finally:
  2. This kinda falls into 2 because it has to do with the ending. I just couldn't get past the fact that one of the main characters sleeps with a guy, falls in love with him and ends out dating his mum? It just didn't wok for me.

That being said, if you're looking for a gay-rockstar-badboy romance things might be right up your alley.

Also, for anyone who is into older music and gay romance, you might enjoy it too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment